To kill a FX55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondgunman

As meny of you dream of the computer that you would build if you had the money you are thinking about putting a AMD FX55 into this fabled system, at the same time the is some ritch dweeb sitting at a desk cooking eggs with FX55 chips... as and Extream PC builder that won't get into over clocking or water cooling I am saddend that someone would just fry a chip like that as even in my own world of my personal gaming rig I have been saving for about three weeks to get a FX55, and just now have the money to get it I will walk down to my supplier and get one.

I don 't even know is I will be putting this CPU in this system I have a 4000 I my put in here today that is a real question to 4K or to FX?? Either way I need a new PSU... I think upgrade to a 550 Watt.

My real brain bust was some twit said that he can tell when RAM completes a cycle... that is funny or what even if your RAM is at 133 Mhz that is 133 times a second that is very fast who/what does he think we are?? :haha:

The benchmarks I have seen sofar, are better for the 4000 than for the FX55.
Unless you are an absolute hardcore gamer, who must have the best of the best, I would advise you to wait a few months, and then get a dual-core AMD64, probably for not much difference to the FX55 price.

realblackstuff said:
The benchmarks I have seen sofar, are better for the 4000 than for the FX55.
I'm quite curious to see those benchmarks. The 4000+ is just a renamed Athlon64 FX53 which runs 200mhz slower then the FX55 so I can't see why/how it could get better scores.

Me and my big mouth :eek:
Flipping through the pages in a kiosk, I saw that in some PC magazine (can't remember which one), which was comparing fully equipped new PCs.
But I still think that waiting for the dual-core makes more sense... :D

The FX-55 is just way too overpriced in comparison to the 4000+. On most benchmark scores you only get 5-10 FPS more on games on the fx-55 and i personally dont think that's work an extra $150!!

Anyway i reckon the 400 sounds better. :monkey:

2nd gunman-
Take that $ you have been saving for a FX55, which won't be enough of an improvement over your 4000 to warrant the cost, and get your self a PC Power & Cooling Turbo 510 SLI PSU. I just installed mine and it is kick *** and worth the extreme cost. Rock solid voltage and guaranteed for 5 years. Overpriced but worth it.

Re: First post...

I didn't have to buy an FX55 as my dad just so happen to have one he was willing to part with for an undetermand amout of time so I am using the FX and spent the money one some new RAM, some software and a few games and this and that... either way I am in ways glad I didnot pay money for this chips as there are SOME apps running better but the 4K will do other things better there realy is not alot of diffrence between the 4000 and the FX55.

I did notice that Everest Home says you can Overclock the FX55 more then the 4000 but if you go $/Mhz on the 4K vs the FX the 4K is a better deal if I deside to mouth-ball my 4K it will be some time from now after the FX57 is renamed to the 4400 or what ever name thay will give it and the next FX comes out...

I am told that this next FX CPU is going to be the last like it and the have some real treats in the works for for the next FX, I realy want to know and it is realy teasing the Cat in me as AMD has a few guys from Intel working there now... As the Birdy told me at least one of the guys didnot want to work on Intels XX6 chips and wanted to stay working with x86, AMD is still using the x86 build and kind of wanted some Intel boys. Maybe AMD will put more cashe on their chips or bring up their clock rate, or both... I have heard talk that AMD wants to brake 4.5 Ghz by the 3 : 4 of 2007, but I am thingking they will break this sooner than that. As if you know what you are doing you can push a 3500 to 3700 Mhz and a 4000 to about 4122 Mhz but that is Extream work and cooling to get that. AMDs rule is that they rate their chips at about 40% of what they can realy do, some brands they rate at 38.13% of what they can do and I remember an old Duron that was only rated at about 24% of what it realy could do... of course it would error all the way home. This tells me that they know how to get the speed it is just making sure the chips are made well and don't need to be underclocked to gain a stable work enviroment.

As far as PSUs go I use Antec only in my own systems and upgraded to a 550 Watt.

Re: Alienware

Alienware would be a far better company if they shipped to other countries without a textbook and mile of red tape and forms to cut through, I build a system almost the same as one they have for about 1500 less and the guy had it in two days not two months like his buddy that got the Alienware system and I live in the same city as the guy so if he has a problem with it he can drive over and I will fix it that day, so there is now packing it up shipping it off and hoping it will be back in 7 - 10 days at best... it took Alienware 5 weeks to get his friends system back after the MoBo up an died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back