Top Instagram influencer commands $1 million per post

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Social media influencers are incredibly attractive to advertisers. Their followers are highly targeted and they've got a ton of clout, especially among younger users. It's the kind of focused reach advertisers can't get from traditional media and they're clearly willing to pay for it.

Social media has given celebrities unprecedented reach and influence over the public and brands are paying big bucks to leverage it.

According to a recent report from Instagram scheduling tool Hopper HQ, a single promotional post from Kylie Jenner costs an advertiser $1 million. Let that sink in for a moment – a million bucks in exchange for a single social media post.

Singer Selena Gomez, who has more than 138 million followers (significantly more than Jenner’s 110 million), is able to command $800,000 per Instagram post while soccer great Cristiano Ronaldo pulls in an estimated $750,000 per promotional post.

Rounding out the top five Instagram earners are Kim Kardashian at $720,000 per post and Beyonce Knowls at $700,000 a pop.

The top eight earners all have a following of at least 100 million users.

Perhaps equally as impressive is the ability of non-celebrities – true Internet influencers – to earn a living online. Makeup artist and influencer Huda Kattan, for example, can reportedly command about $33,000 per post while YouTube personality Zach King can nab $30,000 per post. An Instagram post from Logan Paul, meanwhile, is said to be worth roughly $17,000.

Lead image via Elija O'Donell, Unsplash

Permalink to story.

Lets face it. if an advertiser would even consider using such means of promoting their product then we probably aren't the target audience anyway.

Last edited:
These are the same people who expect taxpayers to pay for their agenda when they could donate all that unearned, in the clique money.

I think at this point most companies would pay Jake Paul $17K to avoid their products.

I think at this point most companies would pay Jake Paul $17K to avoid their products.
While personally agreeing with you, 16 million youtube followers and 12 million instagram followers mainly between 12- 18 speaks loads to advertisers.

Can we see a toilet seat been used by those hoses? I kinda need to know if to buy it or not... wtf!

Once again, another vindication for those of us that shun Social Media but let's not forget the immortal words of JP Barnum; "There's a sucker born every minute" ... which these days would include the sentence "and they are all on social media .... "

Wonder how many people are like me, who are less likely to use/purchase something because one of these people happens to post about it...
So you've been influenced, either way, sorry mate.
Still my friends shouting at me (in messages) that why I don't have whatsapp and using Instagram more frequently or why I did not liked their facebook post.
I usually tell them that:
1. I have so many liked pages that you one time post simply under the pile
1.1 I likely set the 'feed' to most recent not most visited or liked (or heart, cry, sad, laugh, angry) bc probably the most hyped is the one I don't care about
1.2 I'm not checking my friend's profile every day to see their posts and care about (also my first thing to do is unsubscribe from the person's feed I just accepted as a friend, ofc there are exceptions)
2. Instagram for me is the hashtag pile, no real posts just #morethemerrierwhichisnttrue
3. whatsapp is a green Viber
4. I'm using iMessage (don't get me wrong but Samsung Messages is far more inferior, also my company using iPhones/iPads) or facebook's Messenger to call someone for 'free' otherwise I have unlimited minutes.
And I let them not to influence me to change my mind on these :)

Back