Toshiba satellite help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem.. I was opening one of my games on my computer when all a sudden my screen went black.. It wouldn't go back to the regular desktop screen.. So i shut it off y holding down the power button.. Then when i tried to turn it back on it goes to the locked screen like it always does and then i enter my password and when it goes to bring up my desktop it takes forever and signs me on to a temporary profile.. I can't figure out why, or how to get back to MY profile.. It doesn't have any files i've saved or anything.. Also my internet runs really slow while logged on to this temp. Profile.. Any help would be very welcomed.. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a virus or other malware affecting the Windows log on. What happens in Safe Mode?

I agree with Tmagic. Sounds like malware.

1. Safe mode should bring up the administrator account logon for you to log on
  2. When you say it takes you to "temporary profile" you mean it signs you on to a different account?
  3. btw.. you can also try hitting ctl-alt-del twice at a logon screen to get prompt login (tho don't recall if that works if you're at an account locked screen)
  4. Once back in your computer via safe mode, if you need to reset passwords you may need to do it this way (as virus may have changed ur old password). Start->Run;enter cmd. Then at the command prompt: control userpasswords2. Now select the account, hit Reset Password. Hit enter for a blank password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back