Tower beeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this in here because this forum has the most people viewing it right now, and no one replied to it in the general hardware forum I originally posted it on.

I am currently on my boyfriend's computer, which is right beside mine. About an hour ago my tower started beeping continuously. I had no idea why and just figured I should shut it down to be safe, as I was on my way to the store at the time. When I returned from the store, my computer would not boot back up. It gets to the windows screen, but never goes past there. Also, the tower no longer beeps, and hasn't since I tried rebooting it earlier.

I googled for some answers, and discovered that there is such a thing as beep codes. Which would be great, and probably help me solve the problem, or at least know what the hell the problem is....if I had known about them sooner and was bright enough to count the beeps. So now I am totally at a loss, does anyone know what I could do to try and figure out what is wrong with it?

If all else fails, I'll have to take it to a tech I guess, which I really don't want to do.

Any feedback would be nice, thanks.

Design ,It would be helpful to fill in your profile on your Hardware .In this case the Motherboard ,brand and model #.
You will get a lot more help that way.
Beep codes differ and are specific to the company that wrote the bios. Also they will have a different pattern for each type of error.this is a repeating pattern of long and/or short beeps.
However these occur at initial boot time .
Since your computer has re-booted up to Windows almost ,you should look in your event viewer for errors.
Try to boot windows into Safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back