Transferring spybot/ad aware/norton antivirus definition files from onepc to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkstyle

hey

i'm having modem trouble on one of my two pc's, and can't stay online long enough to download current definition files for my copies of spybot, ad aware & norton antivirus. i was hoping to scan the problem pc, in case part of my modem trouble is due to spyware or viruses. i just downloaded the current files on my other pc, and was wondering if it's possible to transfer them to the messed-up pc with a thumb drive. if so, are the file names & locations understandable, or is this something i shouldn't try messing with manually?
would i just copy the new file to the proper directory & delete the old one?

thank you!

I know with adaware if it called reflist.ref. It should be located in wherever you installe the program to, most likely C:\Program Files\Lavasoft Ad-Aware
I do not have Spybot installed so I am not sure where that one is located, but I would assume it is the same type of setup.

As far as norton goes, I have looked through my files and am unsure of which one is the definitions file, but there are 6 files with .def as an ending, and I would imagine it would be one of them.
At least you can try the Ad-Aware since I know that one is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back