Triple boot Windows: XP, Vista, and 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

Currently I have a dual boot of windows xp and vista x64 on a 320gb drive. I also have a 1TB secondary drive for backing up things, so if possible I would prefer to install windows 7 on my larger secondary as my primary one is pretty filled up. I downloaded windows 7 beta and I want to give it a try but I don't want to get rid of either xp or vista. How would I go about installing windows 7 in a triple boot. Also would I be able to get all three to show up in the same boot menu? Thanks in advance for your help.

Depending how far along in the development process windows 7 is that should automatically be handled by windows setup. When asked what folder to install in just specify a folder on your secondary drive. Again this all depends on setup itself. I know you can define your dual/multi boot by modifying boot.ini but that is a whole other story.

When I was installing windows 7 it asked me which partition to install to. Partion 0 (C: ) or Partition 1 (F: )

F: is my secondary 1 TB drive, and i chose that. It installed no problem, and works great. I dont know for sure if it will show all three in the boot menu, but I dont see why it wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back