Trojan/Spyware/Rootkit? 8 steps followed, 3 logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Upon visiting a new website, my computer was instantly infected with the trojan virus and something called "rootkit", among other viruses/spywares.

Noticeable Symptoms:
- pop-up ads
- homepage change
- computer lags
- computer restarting in the middle of working (window's error msg was about windows having detected something wrong and had to shut down to prevent serious damages)

Prior to following the 8 recommended steps, I had attempted removing the virus myself, but to no avail. However, I did manage to stop the pop-ups and homepage change. My computer still lags and restarts on its own.

My 3 logs are attached here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Vivian

trojan still present after 8 steps

Hi,

After the 8 steps, I thought the trojans were cleared, but I Avira just detected another "TR/Trash.Gen [trojan]" in c:/. The first attack I had was from TROJAN VUNDO.

I'd truly and greatly appreciate it if someone could please take a quick look at my posted logs and see if something was left uncleaned. :(

At the time my computer was infected, my system restore point was erased by the virus, so any restoration was not possible. I had tried many times to kill the trojan, but it just keeps lingering around and wouldn't die

I'm trembling now 'cause I had just done some online banking and visa purchases with my computer :dead: ahhh...

thanks to anyone who's willing to help me.

viv

Sorry for the delay- and there will be more. A HijackThis log alone is not enough to find and clean malware.
Please run the 8 steps here and attach all three logs in your next reply:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

You also are running 2 antivirus programs> Symantec and Avira. Decide which you want and uninstall the other. If you choose to remove Norton, use this Removal Tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

You should also disable this: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv)
Start> Run> services.msc> right click on the service> Properties> change Startup type to Disabled> Stop the Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back