Trouble with computer sound...Dell OptiPlex GX270

Status
Not open for further replies.

slo0pyj0e

Hello everyone,

I am new to this board and want to say hello, first off. Now for the reason I am here in the first place. I have no computer sound! I recently reformatted my computer and installed Windows XP Pro. Everything works great except my speakers! I have no startup sounds and no sounds period. I have searched the web over and over, trying to figure out the problem. I have had very little luck so far.

Here is what my computer is doing. When I got to Start>Accessories> Entertainment>Volume Control i get a message telling me...

" There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and click Add Hardware...

This program will now close"

I have all my specs' listed in my profile for help. If there is any information that is missing that needs to be known to help figure out the problem, please let me know.

Thanks, slo0pyj0e

K guys, I got it to work.

This is what I did to fix the problem.....

I went to Device Manager then clicked the Hardware tab. Went to Sound, Video, and Game Controller. Uninstalled my sound driver. Then went to Control Panel, then to Add Hardware. Ran the install wizard and XP reinstalled my sound driver and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back