Trying to find a laptop

ReederOnTheRun

I'm looking for a laptop before I go to Germany. It needs to be (points are ordered in importance, but none should be skimped on):
  1. A third generation i5 processor
  2. A screen resolution of at least 1600x900
  3. 256 GB SSD (or a hybrid of HDD and SSD)
  4. Somewhere around 14"-15.6" (not 13.3", that's too small)
  5. Thin and light enough to carry around with me everywhere
  6. Have at least a 1.3 MP webcam (and good reviews. I know of some 2 MP webcams that everyone says are terrible)
  7. Long battery life
Some other points that would be preferred, but aren't absolutely necessary are:
  1. Internal Optical Disk Drive
  2. Ethernet plug in available
  3. Touch Screen (Windows 8)
I should also note that, while the retina MBP does satisfy pretty much everything, It's just not my thing. I'd prefer a Windows 8 laptop.

Also, there is no price restriction here.

Right now, I'm leaning towards getting the Series 9 15" Premium Ultrabook (NP900X4C). On Samsung's website, it is listed at $1799.99. The only thing is that it doesn't satisfy any of the three "wants" that I have listed, and I'm not sure if I could find a better webcam elsewhere. Here's a link to the Series 9 15" Premium Ultrabook (NP900X4C):

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP900X4C-A03US-specs

Thanks for the help!

I don't want to mess around with bootcamp and how that'll affect the MBP's performance and all that. I'll be going out of the country and don't want to have to troubleshoot all that when something goes wrong.

And no price restriction means don't worry about the price of what you're suggesting, not look for ways to throw away money.

Back