Trying to repair sisters Thinkpad 600...Won't even boot up...Is it dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister has a IBM Thinkpad 600 which has been dead for sometime now and I thought I'd look at it while I have some time on my hands.

I fully charged the battery as it was dead and tried starting up the laptop but nothing happens. It simply churps with nothing being displayed on the screen and can't hear anything from the HD.

So decided to replace the HD with a new one, which I did tonight and still nothing. I get the churp sound and thats it.

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be or even better, where to start to diagnose what the issue is?

I can't even tell the laptop to start up on another drive. It's just simply dead.

Any help is much appreciated.

Could be a bad battery. Even though you tried to recharged it, sitting dead for a long time can kill off a battery or perhaps it was bad to begin with. Do you have a known good spare?

Actually, it was a good working battery before the laptop went dead on my sister. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the battery that could've caused the problem that she's having now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back