TS Community: Login with Facebook or Twitter, Windows 8 giveaway winner

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Thanks to everyone for reviving the Windows 8 discussion thread and congratulations to Marnomancer for winning our giveaway! As promised, we'll buy a license as soon as preorders open, which should hopefully be soon. Although most of you share obvious concerns over the usability of Metro on a desktop PC, many of you are either happy with the new interface or you're willing to give it a fair shot, particularly if Microsoft succeeds at establishing rich integration between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

Create a new TechSpot account with your Facebook or Login credentials.

On a quick site update, we wanted to mention that you can now log in to TechSpot with your Twitter or Facebook accounts. If you are a regular reader and thus likely already have a TechSpot account, it doesn't change anything. However, new visitors coming to TechSpot for the first or second time may feel more compelled to participate and comment if they have a quicker way to register using third party credentials (and without requiring to create yet another account online).

Last but not least, news comments are finally back on TechSpot's mobile site. After a brief hiatus, you can now login, read and post news comments from your smartphone. The mobile forum is still in the works, but hopefully it won't be too long until it's done.

Permalink to story.

^You may want to be more specific so they can fix them.

The mobile version lags when scrolling (even fully loaded pages) on my Galaxy S, so I bookmarked the Desktop version which is smooth. That is my only problem with the mobile version.

Yayyyy! Finally I can comment again from my mobile... With so little time in front of the pc, this has become rather important :) thanks guys! Good to see how this site has improved so much over the years!

We'll review that Android bug, on iOS it works smoothly and we are using mobile oriented libraries so the mobile site is lighter and speedier. If anyone else can share experiences with various versions of Android and Windows Phone to see if there are other issues. Thanks!

I've never had a problem with the mobile site my windows phone. Before the update it took awhile to load the pictures but I just thought that was because I still have 3g.

TS site works perfectly on my Lumia 800 (which I am planning to retire in few months, in exchange for a newer wp8 smartphone ;), oh and I'll keep Sensation as a reminder of how much money I wasted on droids).

On topic:
Congrats Marno, I am no big fan or hater of Start button, so its absence never really bothered me, in fact I like the ability to search straightaway in W8.

Back