TS Giveaway: Post a pic win an Eee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
As we announced a couple of weeks ago, we are giving away the product of your choice. The winner of our reader poll is the ultra-portable ASUS Eee PC that got the victory with one third of the votes from a small pool of devices that also included the Apple iPhone, Nintendo Wii and a GeForce 8800GT.

[center]
asus-eee.jpg
[/center]

Without further ado, here's the rundown of the prizes for this holiday giveaway:

First prize: ASUS Eee PC 4G Surf

Secondary prizes: (courtesy of Diamond Multimedia, one each).
Diamond XtremeSound 7.1 soundcard
Diamond XtremeSound 5.1 soundcard
Diamond XtremeTV PCTV - HDTV USB
Diamond One-Touch Video Capture USB

So what does it take to win?

DSC01492.jpg

Official Contest Rules

* Eligibility relies on one simple rule: take a picture of your PC with TechSpot's frontpage showing on the screen, then post it in THIS forum thread (reply to the existing thread with the image showing in your post as per the example).

* Double & triple your chances of winning by showing MORE than one computer screen in your picture. Like in the sample picture above, you can put up to 10 computer screens together and that will increase your eligibility ten fold!

* All the computers/monitors have to be on a single shot in the same picture, not in multiple ones.

* Image hosting: If you need a host for your pictures you can use TechSpot's own picture gallery, that's what we used to post the picture above. First upload, then copy the image address and post it here.

* The five (5) winners will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible contestants. If you have multiplied your chances (see above) then your name will be repeated as many times in the pool.

* The giveaway will run until Friday, December 28th, 2007. The winners will be notified and publicly announced within 48 hours.

* There are no geographic limitations for the contest, that means we will ship the prizes overseas if necessary. Prizes will be shipped in mid-January.

* Winners will be contacted via email using the address they used to register in the forums. Each winner will have up to 7 days to get back to us, otherwise we will be forced to disqualify him in favor of a new randomly selected user.

* TechSpot staff members are not eligible to win any prizes. Our team of moderators are however eligible as any other regular member as they don't have any financial ties with the organization (we had to be fair with them).

* Current members and new TechSpot members are encouraged to stay around and participate in our news and forum discussions, it is not however a requisite for eligibility.

* Rules update: You don't have to own all the PCs pictured, so you can use your office computers and so on. The rule is up to 10 screens and they all have to fit perfectly in one single shot.

POST YOUR PICTURE BY REPLYING TO THIS THREAD... GOOD LUCK!!!

Happy Happy, Joy Joy. I am officially stoked about this contest. :)

Gret contest Julio!!!! Just SUCKS that I only have the one PC (and is the actual reason I am hoping to win the EeePC as I need it pretty badly).

*Update* I decided to stand on my morales here. Fact is that I do really need this EEEpc pretty bad and it isn't just another gadget that so many here (with PDA's, notebooks, desktops, BlackBerry's, phones and gaming devices all in the same room) seem to have. I could take a picture of my work with all the monitors on in the tech support room but I have decided against it. I'd rather rely on my one crappy pic of my one and only crappy home pc then show some computer room or lab.

I will also rely on luck here....but I'd rather loose honestly then win crookedly.

DSC03125.jpg

That's almost like cheating...I thought they had to be your 'own' computer?

Great thought though JMMD! I like the creativity!

I'd agree. Nothing like taking a pic from the office or computer lab. Heck, maybe I should do that as my company has 10pc's all in a small area. I could login and set all the monitors up and whammo. 10 entries.

Either that, or I am suffering computer envy.

The sad story of my laptop: My screen died post-warranty so I had to attach this monitor instead. Now I have a desktop all over again. LoL

I also lost WiFi since the antenna was in the screen ha

attachment.php

Attachments

• techspot.JPG
    techspot.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 105
i really don't think thats really fair,jmmd...Julio, what are you gonna do? I mean Com'n, its a whole computer lab!(maybe only 7 computers) And as you stated in the rules:
Official Contest Rules

* Eligibility relies on one simple rule: take a picture of your PC with TechSpot's frontpage showing on the screen, then post it in THIS forum thread (reply to the existing thread with the image showing in your post as per the example).
I don't think all those are jmmd's...

Nice to see some participants already, keep it coming!
A small rule update:

* Rules update: You don't have to own all the PCs pictured, so you can use your office computers and so on. The rule is up to 10 screens and they all have to fit perfectly in one single shot.

It was always limited to ten, I knew somebody would abuse the contest otherwise with a 100+ PC lab. :)

TSContest.jpg

6, normally that 19" CRT hanging at the edge of the desk isn't there, but had to use it for the contest :D

Edit: In case anyone was interested - represented, from left to right:
PCLinuxOS 07, Mac OS X 10.3.9, Mac OS X 10.5.1, Windows Vista, Windows Vista, Ubuntu 7.10

44u

Here are my 4. iPhone is okay I hope... Unfortunately, my Apple IIgs won't show pictures online.

IMG_0523-1.jpg

Dave

( I guess I should have reduced my resolution instad of the size of the pic. Oh Well...)

Attachments

• IMG_0523¼.jpg
    IMG_0523¼.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 24
Hello

A Collection of ASUS PCBarebone, very amazing, just for you "TechSpot"

Attachments

• ASUS PCBarebone.jpg
    ASUS PCBarebone.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 50
building on other's work.

What better way to post the TS pic than to mirror back into the site what other's see?

Attachments

• TechSpot pic.jpg
    TechSpot pic.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 50
PC is watching

OK. so it took a few to get this right. I'm new and old....
pete

Attachments

• PC on PC on PC.jpg
    PC on PC on PC.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back