Tuesday tech deals: Mirage MX 5.1-channel speakers for $599

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Mirage 5.1 Home Speaker System for $599 + free shipping

Vann's offers the Mirage MX 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System, model no. MX51, for $599 with free shipping. That's $185 less than the best total price we could find elsewhere. The Mirage home theater speaker set features front, center channel and surround speakers, one 200-watt active subwoofer, a frequency response of 40Hz to 20,000Hz, and more.

Sharp 42" 1080p Widescreen LCD HDTV for $445 + free shipping

Dell Home offers the Sharp 42" 1080p Widescreen LCD HD Television, model no. LC-42SB48UT, for $444.99. With free shipping, that's $5 under a deal from last week and the lowest total price we could find by $74. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), 6.5ms response time, four HDMI inputs, and VGA, component, and other video inputs.

Dell Studio XPS 8300 Core i5 Quad 2.8GHz Desktop PC for $750 + free shipping

Dell Home offers its Dell Studio XPS 8300 Desktop PC (no monitor) for $849.99. Coupon code "LM?BF7P$FR9KCK" drops it to $749.99. With free shipping that's the lowest total price we could find for this configuration. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features an Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2300 2.8GHz quad-core processor, an ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB video card, 8GB of RAM, 1.5TB 7200RPM HDD, dual-layer DVD burner, Gigabit Ethernet, 15-month subscription to McAfee SecurityCenter, 2GB of DataSafe Online Backup for one year, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Coupon expires March 15.

Kodak Rechargeable AAA Batteries 12-Pack for $10 + 1-cent s&h

Today only until 9 pm ET, Pennywise.biz offers the Kodak Rechargeable 900mAh NiMH AAA Batteries 12-Pack for $9.99. With 1 cent for shipping, that's $0.83 per battery and it ties last week's mention as the lowest total price we could find for this quantity by $5. These batteries can be recharged at any time, even when only partially drained.

PremierTek PowerLink 802.11n WiFi USB Adapter for $12 + free shipping

mwave.com offers the PremierTek PowerLink 802.11n Wireless USB Adapter, model no. PT-H5DN, for $11.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our January mention and it's the lowest total price we could find by $15. It features a max speed of 300Mbps, 5dBi dipole antenna, support for WEP, WPA2, and WPA-PSK encryption, and more.

Oregon Scientific Indoor / Outdoor Thermometer Clock for $7 + $2 s&h

Today only, PricePlunge.com offers the Oregon Scientific Indoor/Outdoor Wired Thermometer Clock, model no. THT-312, for $7.49 with $2.29 for shipping. That's $6 under a deal from August and the lowest total price we could find by $5. This indoor/outdoor thermometer includes a wired probe with 10-foot cord for recording the outdoor temperature.

Permalink to story.

Guest said:
why would anyone pay $600 for computer speakers!! :0

yeah, If I was going to spend that much i would just go with a real home theater system. Anyway, my Klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers are AWESOME for $150.

tekkaraiden said:
Guest said:
why would anyone pay $600 for computer speakers!! :0

They're not computer speakers, they are Mirages high-end mini satellite speakers.

Which makes them that different from speakers how? speakers are speakers, they can be crisp sounding or amazing quality but they STILL remain $600 speakers!

It makes them different from computer speakers as these require an amplifier while computer speakers do not.

I used to own Mirages previous generation of mini surround speakers, they were worth every bit of the $500 I paid for them at the time.

Back