TV connected with PC Problem (Scart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agapoulis

Ok first of all i would like to apologize if i posted on the wrong section , i m not exactly sure where this thread should be.

So here it is , i decided to use my Tv as my computer screen so i connected my Pc (while my pc monitor was also connected ofc)with my Tv via a scart cable but for some reason it wont show anything, when i say anything i mean , nothing else than the usual channels ,
even when i change the channel to "AV" it still shows nothing.I am pretty sure i have done the proper optimizing (choosen the TV to be the main monitor and such) but still nothing , so my question is , Is there any chance that i need to buy something else except the "scart cable" in order to make it work ? for instance a coder or something that changes the signal , or is there a chance that the graphics card cannot handle it and therefor cannot transfer anything to the TV?

Here i put out my Computer's - TV's characteristics

TV
An old Grundig davio 21"inches CRT screen with only 1 Skart receptor (and 1 slot for the antena cable ofc)

PC
Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
512 Ram
Nvidia 5600 Fx (126 mb)
Mobo P4VXAD ELITE GROUP

anyway i would just like to see some opinions if possible ! what am i doing wrong? is there something i need to optimize before i actually connect the cable? is there something i m forgeting ?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back