Tv-out problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem connecting my pc to my tv, and I was hoping you could help me out...
I have a ATI rage lt pro video card, and when connecting my video out with my tv (using a s-video cable, plugged in a scart cable into my tv), I only get a black and white picture on my tv.
Because I am Europian, I am using the PAL standard, wich might cause this problem.
Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I tried installing TVTOOL, but it couldn't recognize my videocard, it does not seem to support it...

Try the search feature. This problem as well as many variants have been discussed many times here in the past

I'm really sorry to bother you guys again with my problems, but I'm starting to get a bit desperate here...
The progress I've made so far: I downloaded other drivers, this allowed me to select 'pal' instead of 'ntsc' (I have a pal tv by the way), and I figured this would fix the problem.
Unfortunately, it didn't. Now I get a black and white picture on my tv, with occasional color flickers on some places (where I put my mouse for example, or on some icons).
I think I tried everything I could come up with myself, so ANY help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well it seems like it want to work. Have you thought that it might be a problem with your card? Because the way it sounds is that it is trying to work (with the black and white, and color spots), but it seems that the card might just be bad.

I might also try to call ATI customer service, they might be able to shed a little more light on it.

Make sure you have the right output selected. If you are connecting via a svideo connection the drivers may allow you to specify this. If its a composite input (coxial) then you should have another option for output type. This is how the nvidia drivers operate. I have only used my 9700Pro tv out once and I remember having some of the same options to play with. I noted though if I was using the coxial output and selected svideo as the output type the image appeared somewhat faded, almost black and white..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back