two modems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was considering getting an xbox 360 soon, and I want to be able to play live. The adapter is $100 and I am looking for a way to avoid buying it. Considering where the xbox will be and where the router is, it is totally inconvienent to run a cable from it to the xbox. The only other thing I can think of is getting a second modem and putting it in the room with the xbox to get interent

Will this work, and is there anything I need to be aware of?

I am pretty sure you need the adapter. or is this adapter like a router, or does it just allow for the xbox to be connected to the net?

well you can plug the xbox straight from a modem with a ethernet cord

Problem is, that I want it in my room, and the modem and router are downstairs. I'm on a wireless connection for my computer.

The adapter is a wireless adapter for use with a wireless network. But its a little pricey and I was hoping that since I have cable in my room I could set up a second modem instead and connect the xbox straight in.

getting another cable/DSL modem is not going to solve the problem. Having another cable/DSL modem would require another cable/DSL line, and I am pretty sure that is not what you have in mind. If you meant a router, you could bridge the connection on the router downstairs with another wireless router, and then you could run an ethernet cable from the second router (in your room) to your xBox360. The other option, is just go and buy the wireless adapter.

Honestly I'd just buy the wireless adapter. Its much less hassle in the end.

On ebay there is an entire page of XBOX 360 Wireless Network Adapters, if sat and watched right you could probably get for like $25-$30 cheaper... =/

yes a router is what i had in mind, router-modem, lol. Anyways a router bridged with a modem will do great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back