Two problems

ayame67

Hey, so I wasn't really sure where to post this as I am quite new to the forums, but here I go:
So my first problem is with my laptop's adapter/charger (not really sure what it's called in english): it no longer charges, as in the tiny green light no longer turns on when I connect it to an outlet and yes, I have tried more than just one outlet. It's dead. From what I've read on the web, I suppose the only way out is buying a new charger? Or... trying to open the charger box and fixing it? Is that possible? If so, any tips on how to do that .-.?
My second problem is releated with the internet modem. I have cable internet and after this storm a coupel of days ago it started playing tricks on me: even though the cable is plugged into the pc and the modem is working, for about a whole minute my pc says that the cable is unplugged and only after that does it recognize it and connect me to the internet. Any ideea what's wrong? I suppose there's fault in my modem because before, when it worked just fine, about three green lights turned on right after turning it on but now, only two do the dsl and power one; I don't know fpr sure but I think the third one used to be ethernet.
And that's about it. If anything's unclear please ask, english is my third language so I might have made some mistakes here and there. thanks for your time

DO NOT open that "charger box." It is dangerous to do so because it can hold a charge of electricity for quite some time. Either buy a new charger from the laptop manufacture or, if you can, purchase a new charger from the likes of Targus. I have a Lenovo laptop and bought the Targas brand as a back-up. It works great and Targus supplies several adapters to work on many different brands.

Secondly, was your modem and router plugged into a surge protector or do you have them plugged directly into the outlet?

Your English is quite good. :)

DO NOT open that "charger box." It is dangerous to do so because it can hold a charge of electricity for quite some time.
Popping the hood on most vehicles is more dangerous than opening a PC PSU. But with that said, the attempt at a fix would likely be futile. That is unless you have the appropriate tools and electronics knowledge. Nine times out of ten, it will not be a simple fuse blown. I do agree with @Route44 though, a new adapter is likely the only solution.

So can anyone help me with the modem problem? Now it disconnects much more often, I could just broswe the web and then it would suddenly say that there's no cable connected. I did troubleshooting and it said that my ethernet cable might be damaged or plugged incorrectly so I changed the cable but it still happens. What should I do?

You said it yourself:
I suppose there's fault in my modem because before, when it worked just fine, about three green lights turned on right after turning it on but now, only two do the dsl and power one; I don't know fpr sure but I think the third one used to be ethernet.
Tell your ISP you need a new one. If your ISP doesn't supply them, looks like you'll have to get a new one yourself, ask them what they recommend.

That problem with your internet could be a few things
1. the wires within the ethernet cable were damaged and you will have to replace it
2.the connectors on either your modem or motherboard got damaged and that is causing the connectivity issue (tho this is less likely)
3. log into your modem page and check the connectivity log in it
I know with my modem it has a dsl light a power light, an internet light and 4 ethernet lights.
what type of modem do u have (it should say it on the bottom of the unit)
I saw that connectivity issue before when an electrician wired ethernet ports in the wall and did not connect all the wires properly (the internet still connected but it dropped out every few minutes)

Back