U3 Mini Cruzer 4GB Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is possible, but can you "fry" your flash drive?
I have a U3 cruzer micro 4GB. One of the features on the flash drive is adding applications like "Mozilla Firefox for U3"
Well last night I was using the Mozilla for U3 and the drive accidentally got pulled out and the window + downloads all closed out.
It didn't appear on my computer anymore so I pulled it out to retry. The laptop did not read it, nor did the other laptop and desktop read it. My friend has a cd player in his truck that can play music saved on a flashdrive and it won't read it either. And also the drive doesn't light up anymore when plugged in, its like nothing has changed when plugged into a port.
What happened?

Sorry just a bit confused :confused: what you meant.

Laptop will not register U3 cruzer micro 4GB (since being pulled out)
Tried another Flash Drive and that is the same (???)
Or, tried same flash Drive in another player, and it didn't work there either.

If the 3rd one is the issue, you could try:
HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

But if no flash drives work in your computer, then it must be the USB drive
You could click on Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc
And possible remove all USB devices, and then restart and allow them to install again (warning: if you use an extenal USB mouse, obviously it will stop working until restart, and reload of divers again)

to clear it up, yea the laptop wont register flashdrive since being pulled out, and i tried the same flashdrive in different ports (cd player, laptops, desktop)

Thanks

Let me know how it goes with the HP format utility
I've used it before, it can work (sometimes)
But you will lose all data off the Flash Drive though (the price we pay!)

Nah my flashdrive wasn't being read on the laptop. Got a new at black Friday same gigs but way cheaper but thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back