Unable to acquire network address with wired connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

I just assembled a Pentium 4 rig with ASUS mobo P4S800D-X and apparently I am having internet connection issue with wired connection. I am connecting through a router and all internet connection are test to work fine with my other computer. I was able to connect wirelessly using a USB internet adapter. It is just the wired connection that is not functioning. I have consulted with ASUS tech support and at first they told me to uninstall the network adapter and reinstall and still problem not solved. Then they said could be a TCP/IP stack issue so they told me to download the SP3 and still issue not resolved.

Does anyone have any issue similar to this that can help me figure out this weird problem?? Thanks.

I would first try updating the driver for your network card, and then try a different card altogether.

This is an onboard adapter and I did update the driver from ASUS website and still no luck...I wonder if the adapter is failing, would this be a sign for a failing adapter??

Well then, another thing you can try before getting another card is trying a different ethernet cable.

I tested the cable onto a different computer and that different computer is able to get on the internet so my conclusion the cable is good.

Have you made sure that you typed in your DNS servers? You might want to configure manually and just type in the information you get from your OTHER computer into your network settings. Just make sure that the IP address for the computer is different, mainly the last number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back