Unclear driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a new motherboard (asus M3A78-EM) processor (AMD athlon x2 dual core, 2.8 ghz) and ram (4 gigs). When I did so I ended up reinstalling Windows XP. I've had few problems except that now, when I play Assassin's Creed for about an hour or so, it crashes to blue screen that says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and begins a physical memory dump.

I believe this to be a driver issue, and not a memory issue, for a number of reasons. One reason is that I recently have been playing AC in shorter intervals to prevent crashing. In one of these incidents, after quitting the game, 10-15 minutes later, when I was sitting on the couch, not on the computer, it suddenly went to the blue screen I mentioned earlier. Only this time, the first message was BAD_POOL_CALLER. I looked this up and it's usually caused by faulty drivers. Also, I played Prototype before this to completion with no problems and have played other games without problems as well. Also, whenever I start my computer, that "installing new hardware" window pops up trying to install a SCSI/RAID host driver, but it never succeeds. I've looked for this driver on my mobo's website and can't find it there or anywhere else.

I don't know if that driver is the problem or what, but I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More and more, this is a problem with ASUS boards. Eventually they get them right, but this one has gone on for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back