Uninstall IE8 now IE7 freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscott00

On one of my PCs I had IE8 installed and decided to downgrade to IE7 since I was used to it, and now when I goto some sites, Fedex.com being the big one - IE7 freezes. Is there anything in particular that would cause this? Any addons that may have gotten messed up?

There is a way to reset IE settings. Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset. Give that a try. Other than that you could try to re-install IE7 or better yet try Firefox 3.5

Always check the settings in a browser when you upgrade- especially those for security.

It's most likely that IE8 has changed some setting- you will need to reset. As far as I know, when you use the "reset" feature for IE, it will reset everything on the browser, including the home page. Suggest checking security setting first for possible manual reset on one or more.

If FedEx is a secure site: Open Internet Options> Advanced tab> Security section> make sure SSL 2.0, SSLS 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are all checked. Your path might be slightly different as this is for IE6,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back