Uninstalling Zone Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hi,

I kinda feel daft asking this but has anyone here uninstalled Zone Alarm free edition on Vista?

I was looking over Tech Spot and saw an article saying that Zone Alarm was incompatible with Vista. Iver been wanting to change to Comodo so now seemed the good time.

So i went to uninstall and uninstalled Zone alarm. However it seemed to crash and then my system wouldn't shut down or restart or even load the task manager.

So i restarted and upon loading it was still there but my internet connection had gone. I reconnected to the net...well tried but it kept coming back with connection failed.

I ran the uninstall again and this time it prompted to restart and then upon restart Zone alarm was gone but the Internet still wasn't connecting. So after trying to renew the connection through command prompt i went and did a system restore.

Upon restore Zone alarm was back but so was the Internet. So i though that the crash had ruined the Internet and went and uninstalled again. However this time everything was smooth and still upon restart Zone alarm was gone but again so was the Internet connection.

I really don't know how to uninstall without loosing the Internet connection.

Cheers,

Never mind. Ive got it sorted.

Heres how if anyone finds this:

1. Uninstall Zone alarm by using the uninstalled in the Start>Zone Alarm folder
  2. Then clean the PC using something like CCleaner which found a number of left over registry keys on my PC
  3. Then disconnect from the Internet
  4. Go to Start>Control Panel and go to device manager
  5. Right click your wireless card and click uninstall but don't remove the drivers
  6. restart your PC
  7. then don't reconnect yet. If you have one turn off your router for 10 seconds or so and then turn it back on
  8. then leave the PC to automatically connect...hopefully :D

Everything seems fine now and im ruinning Comodo which works much better and gives you an actual feeling that Zone alarm let to much in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back