Uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play rtcw (return to castle wolfenstein) and since im an ***** with computers i uninstalled it manually by taking the folder and throwing it out. Now that i try and re-install the program its telling me i still have it installed:(

I ran a search deleted everything i found and still it wont work, went to progams delete and that didint work either. Tried using the games cd to uninstall it and that wont work either, the uninstall wont eve work:( . I run windows xp so if anyone can please help me i would deeply appreciate it!!

Also i tried running a system restore and doing it that way but it didint work :/

Thanks for your responses ahead of time.

Did you try going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall and deleting the key for RTCW from there? Not sure that it will work but it's worth a try considering the situation you're in atm.

I did as you said but its still saying its installed :/ If i bought the game again would it work, as if i had a different cd? or am i pretty much screwed on this one?

Thanks for trying though.

You might see if you can still recover the directory from deleted files

What you're most interested in is the uninstall file / install log.

This tells you what reg entries were made by the installer, files, etc, and that might get you around the uninstaller problem

Go into Regedit to: HKLM/Software
Make a backup of that "tree", set your cursor on Software then click on Files (top left of Regedit screen) and select "Export ..."
The next screen will let you give that backup a name (remember what and where), leave Export range at "Selected Branch" and press Save.

Now look for any entries that deal with your RTCW, put your cursor on those entries, press the Delete-key and confirm.
When done, exit regedit and reboot.
You should now be able to reinstall.

lol

wow ...it...actually...worked..lol

Thanks!!!

For the sake of spamming a new thread anyone know any good deals on some vid cards?

Thanks againt!:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back