Unknown malware, HJT log included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It seems that I've got a nasty piece of malware stuck on my computer that I haven't been able to identify. The only effect, in fact, is that I cannot access neither cmd, taskmgr or regedit. Msconfig is available, although poring through it, I cannot find anything that isn't supposed to be there.

What is strange, however, is that I've been able to find duplicate copies of some files in my Windows directory, such as csrss.exe, taskmgr.exe, services.exe and regedit.exe. What's strange is that I googled both csrss and services, and found that if not in the correct location, those could be viruses. One of the copies always has its file name in all caps, as well.

However, I have run Spybot S&D, Windows Defender and Ad-Aware as well as web virus scans with Kaspersky and Trend Micro without finding anything, which leaves me no choice but to do the usual and post my HJT log and hope for some help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kikanjuuneko only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back