Unsmooth gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is gonna be a real long story.

It started when my com failed to turn on sometimes, and failed to restart after shutdown or reboot, and sometimes it hangs for no reasons and crash. My CPU started to get vv hot. I didn't really know wad was the problem so i left it as that for a while. And it began to get a bit laggier so i decided to do smthg bout it.

At the same time, i upgraded my internet connection.

I then took my pc to a repair shop. The person( who didn't look pro at all ), talked a whole lot of crap and tried to get me to change my graphic card w/o even testing the system. He even said that my graphic card is like scrap metal now. My graphic card is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT. 1 year ++++ ago i bought it for $500+ bucks and he's telling me that nobody uses it now? Eventually i proved him wrong when he used his own graphic card which also failed to start up the com. Anyway, after i left my com with him for bout 3 days, he told me that it's the power supply issue. And i got my 580w power supply replaced with a ASUS 550W P-55GA.

My com is able to start up and perform normal tasks now. But when i play games like Blackshot, the gameplay isn't smooth. It's like, i see ppl moving in frames, it's just unsmooth. What exactly might be the problem now? It didn't use to be like that.

Also, i realised that when i boot up my com, it's different. In the past, there used to be a MSI picture, then it started to load into the black screen then Windows xp loading screen. But for now, there's no MSI picture anymore. It just load into the black screen( which even looks different ) right away. Can there be a chance that i might be scammed? Or is it because he disabled or changed some bios settings? And when i right click desktop->properties->settings->advanced, it says philips smart control could not be displayed. This might be because: -no supported monitor was attached. -attached supported monitor was disabled. -monitor driver was not installed properly. It didn't used to be like that.

This is my system specs. I bought my com for sing dollars of 1880 just less than two years ago.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 DUO CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3328MB ram.
Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512mb.
Philips 190CW (19 inch LCD WIDE MONITOR)
Ram used to be 2gb but i just upgraded it to 4gb when i replaced the power supply.

Desperately needs help. Ur help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check if he replaced your motherboard. Use CPU-Z or SIW to tell you what motherboard you have. Also, check if you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.

Also, be sure to use a virus scanner to check for any malware. Make sure the HDD is also the same as the one you had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back