Unusually low CPU temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

Ive got my XP 1700 OC'd to 1850mhz with a Vantec Aeroflow HSF. My CPU temp stays between 98-102* F (38-41*C), even while gaming. Thats according to the mobo temp sensor, Motherboard Monitor and CPU Cool. Temp seems awfully low considering the amount of OCing Im doing. With my last board and stock cooler ran about 110* and up to 125* gaming.

Perhaps the software (or you..) is confusing the CPU sensor with the chipset sensor? After a reboot, quickly look at the CPU temp that BIOS setup gives you to get an almost correct value.

My OC'd XP 1700+ is running at 2300MHz and temps of 39*C. The newer 1.3u Athlons do run cool :=).

Originally posted by Nic
My OC'd XP 1700+ is running at 2300MHz and temps of 39*C. The newer 1.3u Athlons do run cool :=).

Wouldn't that be 0.13 ?

I'm curious what kind of cooling you guys are using to get those temps ( The computer specs section in the profile does serve a purpose ).

Im glad you said that Nic. I got these same readings with my last board and thought there was something wrong with it.
Iv got Vantec Aeroflow cooler on CPU, Vatec chipset coolers on mobo, and right now just a rear case fan and PS fan. Also larger HSF and ram coolers on the video card.

One thing you have to remember is that the temp readings could come from a probe installed in the middle of the socket, underneath the CPU.

closecaps.jpg

The probe is thus reporting the temp on the surface of the chip, the true temp is a lot higher then that.

ASUS boards have a tendency to report higher temps, it's only to get a more accurate estimation of the CPU Die's tru temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back