Up to 13,000 cheaters are being banned from PUBG every day

midian182

Staff member

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, or PUBG as it’s better known, is breaking Steam records. The multiplayer battle royale game, which is one of our Best PC games you should be playing, now holds the platform record for most concurrent players — over 2.2 million — and is owned by more than 16 million people. That sort of popularity means it's rife with hackers, but PUBG is fighting back.

The Twitter account of BattlEye — a third-party anti-cheat system that is also used in games such as DayZ and Arma 3 — has revealed that over 322,000 cheaters have been banned from PUBG so far. Just a few weeks ago, PlayerUnknown himself — developer Brendan Greene — revealed that the figure stood at 150,000.

In a separate tweet, BattlEye explained that it was banning players at a rate of 6000 – 13,000 per day, with nearly 20,000 cheaters being kicked from the game in the 24 hours leading up to Friday, October 13th. The company added that the vast majority of those being banned are from China.

Earlier this month, PUBG was hit with over 23,000 negative Steam reviews, most of which came from Chinese players angry that ads for a third-party VPN were appearing on the game’s lobby screen.

In other PUBG news, recent rumors suggest that the game could soon get a release in Russia. Greene is currently visiting the country for some meet-and-greets and closed-door meetings. Moreover, the discovery of a ‘MAILRU shirt’ on the test servers suggest the involvement of Russian internet giant Mail.Ru, which operates Russia’s three most popular social media sites, as well as email services and a number of online games.

Permalink to story.

You know, if they wanted to appeal to all the players they would have a "B" version on line so when a player got caught cheating they immediately were sent to the "B" site and banned from the "A" site.

You know, if they wanted to appeal to all the players they would have a "B" version on line so when a player got caught cheating they immediately were sent to the "B" site and banned from the "A" site.

That's a great idea.
Don't ban the cheaters, just force all the cheaters onto the same servers. Don't say anything or warn them, just slide them over.

So you are suggesting they setup a "cheat server"??????

Sounds like he is.

I can just imagine the vitriol they'll be throwing at each other, accusing one another of cheating...only to sit there with their mouths wide open when the admins say, "well, yeah...that's why you're all on these servers"...

That's a great idea.
Don't ban the cheaters, just force all the cheaters onto the same servers. Don't say anything or warn them, just slide them over.
Uh yeah, and those cheaters who got sent to server "B" would simply start over on server "A". Cheaters don't want to play against other cheaters.

"concurrent players — over 2.2 million"

"over 322,000 cheaters have been banned"

I don't recall cheating actually 'playing' the game. Do you? So, ~1.88 million actual players and falling?

Don't think he's promoting a "cheat" server for say. I think he means, as the cheaters start to realize they, themselves are being duped by other cheaters, gives them a taste of their own medicine! I myself, like the idea!

Have the list of IP's that are known cheaters and bump them to a server all by themselves. Just permanently ban those known IP's from legitimate PUBG servers.

With numbers like those, why the heck would I play, let alone buy, such crap?
Believe me and 15 other million players. (Excluding the whimpy cheaters of course) It's a great game! If you like shooters, this game is a must. For $30, come on! You'll love it!

Sounds like he is.

I can just imagine the vitriol they'll be throwing at each other, accusing one another of cheating...only to sit there with their mouths wide open when the admins say, "well, yeah...that's why you're all on these servers"...

That's a great idea + give them a small handful of servers per region so they need to queue to get in only to play against a bunch of other cheaters. Can Valve learn something from this banning practice? I played an MM for the first time in two months and there were at least four confirmed cheaters in game.

When the cheaters are under control I may buy. EA servers are cheat servers.great idea don't ban .transfer them to a cheat server .and say nothing.

No. Infect cheaters with a virus and totally destroy their computers for being such pathetic noobs.

No. Infect cheaters with a virus and totally destroy their computers for being such pathetic noobs.

It's all fun and games till the system picks up your game by accident and ruins your PC.

That's a great idea.
It's been done before and it can work, but managing a second set of servers just for cheaters is not something that most devs want to do or have time for.

Don't think he's promoting a "cheat" server for say. I think he means, as the cheaters start to realize they, themselves are being duped by other cheaters, gives them a taste of their own medicine! I myself, like the idea!

Have the list of IP's that are known cheaters and bump them to a server all by themselves. Just permanently ban those known IP's from legitimate PUBG servers.

The problem with this is the developers know if they do this, they will lose money. Cheaters will ultimately always be cheaters. They will purchase the game again and look for more up to date cheats to work with. CS has had this problem since the start. Cheaters or not, they buy more copies, devs make more money. It's all about money.

The problem with this is the developers know if they do this, they will lose money. Cheaters will ultimately always be cheaters. They will purchase the game again and look for more up to date cheats to work with. CS has had this problem since the start. Cheaters or not, they buy more copies, devs make more money. It's all about money.
Sad but true!

Seen that PUBG took down the Leader Boards! Love that! Now the cheaters can't sit there and stroke themselves seeing their names at the top of the list!

Back