Upcoming FPS games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear peoples rumours and idea's about the upcoming fps games.

Quake4?

I'm scared to think of what this is going to be like If its going to be more like quake2 I think it will be a big hit, in my opinion Quake3 is inferior to quake2, sure the better graphics and etc. but if Quake2 had the same level as graphics as quake3 it would be wayyy better! Quake2 "The Edge" map, people have to say this is one of the best fps maps ever made!

Doom3?

I don't know a lot about this game but I hope it kicks butt! if anyone has a link to info and screenshots of this please post.

Duke Nukem Forever (correct me if I'm wrong)

God bless duke nukem!

anyhow, ya, I wanna read some rumours and thoughts on upcoming fps games. not only those 3 I listed any ones, theres probably a few I don't know about that are coming.

(*edited by moderator for vulgar language)

Yea...looking forward to Soldier of Fortune 2, Global Ops, GTA2 (not FPS but exciting)....the next few months should be good I think. I am also looking forward to Gran Tourismo and Final Fantasy when they come to the PC....

A good site for this is kinda chat is http://www.gonegold.com

Duke Nukem Forever, assuming it'll ever come out ;). Deus Ex 2, Soldier of Fortune 2 & Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2.
Don't think there's much else out there of much interest, Unreal 2 perhaps I guess as well. Am actually replaying through Dark Forces 2 again now. Nothing like talking on a Walker robot with a lightaber, heh.

...not really rumors though, but....

I'm looking forward to when Halo and Grand Theft Auto 3 comes over to the PC. Just thinking about the potential online multiplayer fun makes me go whac.......:D

I can't wait for Unreal 2 or Unreal Tournament 2, too...

Yeah baby!! Quake II rocks!
Last time I posted that on the old forums I got rocked. 'course I was a little tanked and obnoxious at the time.:blush:

The most obvious answer...
Unreal II and Tournament II!
And Half Life II!
Tons of sequels!

Plus there's other good ones...
IGI 2
Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix
Tomb Raider the Next Generation:eek: (Oops...third person :p)
Halo (For PC this time, fools!)

Gahh...UT2!!!!

I'm mostly looking forward to Doom3, Unreal II, Duke Nukem Forever and Jedi Knight II. The first two mostly because of the technology innovation and other two because of its gameplay and overall feel.

Though, I would love seeing back Doom's original feel and most specifically id's good taste of how gameplay should be made, Quake series was good, but lacked that 'little something' that makes a great game a classic.

Originally posted by bedlam_4
Yeah baby!! Quake II rocks!
Last time I posted that on the old forums I got rocked. 'course I was a little tanked and obnoxious at the time.:blush:

Now there is nothing wrong with that, now is there????

if there is, please let me know!!

Most definitely SoF2 for now. The first one really rocked quite a bit. As for Quake4, Q3 is already getting quite boring. I really hope they'll bring back single player and hope they have a story line this time! :)

Doh!

Originally posted by Ai Hate
Unreal II
UT II
Deus Ex II
Soldier of Fortune II

I thought I had covered everything in my list.
How could I have missed Deus Ex II!!!

Oh and incase anyone is interested the Public Beta is now out for Global Operations.

Originally posted by eof
looking forward to GTA2 (not FPS but exciting)....the next few months should be good I think. I am also looking forward to Gran Tourismo and Final Fantasy when they come to the PC....
You probably mean GTA3? Gran Turismo 1 rocks! I have GT2 too but it's Japanese version, I don't understand everything in it. Had to start FF9 from the beginning, too. Waiting for FF X (it'll be available on PS1, I hope).

i've just bought a pc game magazine today (Future Gamer = Thai version of PC Gamer) after not doing so for a couple of months (nothing exciting back then), and to my surprise, there's a SoFII: Double Helix advertisment! heh, never thought it'd come out this soon! other than that is a JediII advertisement, so i guess it'll be out around here soon :)
haven't read it completely though, i'll post back if there's anything particularly interesting...

Anyone know if GTA 3 is actually coming out for the PC? I have heard rumours that it will not be released. Anyone able to shed any light on this???

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Anyone know if GTA 3 is actually coming out for the PC? I have heard rumours that it will not be released. Anyone able to shed any light on this???

Goto www.rockstargames.com and click on the games icon (4th one in on little flash menu bar) to list all the games....
Hover over Grand Theft Auto 3 and you will see that under platform it says "Playstation(R)2, PC".

Also at their site just for GTA3 they have confirmation....
From www.rockstargames.com :

Grand Theft Auto returns this Fall on the Playstation®2 computer entertainment system. It will appear on PC CD ROM n Spring 2002.

PS : Finished it on PS2 a while back :p ;)

Originally posted by lokem
When is Spring? ;)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775251.html
From www.infoplease.com :

Seasons for the Northern Hemisphere, 2002
Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumnal Equinox, and Winter Solstice

Mar. 20, 2:16 P.M. EST (19:16 UT*), Sun enters sign of Aries; spring begins.
June 21, 9:24 A.M. EDT (13:24 UT*), Sun enters sign of Cancer; summer begins.
Sept. 23, 12:55 A.M. EDT (04:55 UT*), Sun enters sign of Libra; fall begins.
Dec. 21, 8:14 P.M. EST (Dec. 22, 01:14 UT*), Sun enters sign of Capricorn; winter begins.

*Universal Time (UT*), also known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back