Upgrade Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

Check out my updated sig. below.

I was forced to use my old TNT2 Ultra until my new GF4 TI4200 arrived as I sold my GF2 as well. Here's a comparison of 3dmark2001 scores I got just recently.

1800+ with TNT2 Ultra - ~1500 3dmarks :(
1800+ with GF2 GTS - ~4500 3dmarks

**1800+ with GF4 TI4200 - ~9000 3dmarks :eek: **

After some initial fine tuning of the Abit bios, i'm a happy bunny with a nice 'n fast stable system :grinthumb

I think I had about a jump of 7000 3DMarks when I went from my Pentium 3 558MHz and a Matrox Millenium G400 to an XP1900+ and a Radeon 8500 AIW.
But good, it's always refreshing to hear good upgrade stories :p

Its the first time that I've made sure of getting a good cool heatsink & fan, the Coolermaster HCC-001.

I also used the Coolermaster Premium Thermal Kit applied to the above heatsink.

I'm very pleased that the heat sink was just too easy to clip on using the "easy to install clip design" compared to my previous heatsink used with Athlon 900 which was near-impossible to clip on or off.

I currently get a CPU operating temperature of 42 to 55 degrees celsius with about 52 degrees at idle.

Is this is good cool operating temperature for an 1800+ considering my old slower Athlon 900Mhz ran at pretty much the same temp?

My XP runs at about 49-51C idle, and like 55-57C load. This is with a pretty bad HSF - just a 15$ Vantec one.

If it runs at 52 idle how can it run at 42? :confused:

I think you're confusing load temp and idle temp.

Snowy,

Good deal! I noticed you got the Pine 4200. What are your impressions of the fan/heatsinks? I was impressed by the reviews I've read, but a 1st hand impression would be nice. :grinthumb

Could you do me 2 favors, plz? Could you look at the RAM & see if you can determine the brand & the ns of it? Might not be able to because of the hs, but thought I'd ask. Could you also run Fresh Diagnose on the video card? I have a PNY Ti4200 64DDR FD benchmark & I'd like to compare yours with it. :D

I'll bet you are a happy bunny! :cool: Have fun,

Snowy,

I have now. ;)

That is great! An actual video of the card, its components & the reviewer testing it. I'm going back to watch some more reviews. he he :D

4ns memory, 12% oc on the core & 20% on the memory. Nice, esp w/o ram heatsinks. :cool:

Thanks & enjoy,

Yeah,

that video review gave me all the reason I needed to buy it and its dirt cheap @ £120 thats £20 cheaper than the next best one.

The TI4200 64mb can easily overclock to default TI4400 levels and remain stable as well which is just madness. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back