Upgraded new PC, mouse lag and grinding noise

I recently bought a new PC. A Dell Ispiron 560 (3.2 ghz, 4gb memory, etc.). I don't want to get big into gaming on it I just wanted a better video card than the crappy one that came with it, so I bought a HIS HD 4670 IceQ 1gb ($60). Because of that I had to upgrade the PSU from a stock 150w to a OCZ Fata1ity 550w power supply. I uninstalled the previous video drivers by going into Device Manager and deleting them. I also used Driver Cleaner Pro. Then I installed and updated the driver for the HIS 4670. Now my computer seems to have minor mouse lag and the cursor plays catch up to where I want it to go. Also while playing some minor games (ex. A.V.A.,Genesis AD, TheHunter, Vindictus) it lags horribly and makes a grinding sound which comes through the speakers, it does this not only in a game but I can be surfing the web and listing to itunes and it will just spazz out making the grinding sound. Any help? Did I screw something up?

I tried looking around on Google, but there were no resovled issues. Some were saying it could be a bad PSU or that there is a conflict with Micrsoft High Definition Audio Dirver.

Added:
I am getting really frustrated with this, I'm 99% sure it is through the speakers. I took out the HIS 4670 and went with the stock video card and it was still doing it, so I thought maybe it might have something to do with the power supply so I switched it back to the 150w one. The lag and noise still continues to happen I don't know what to do at this point. Everything is like it was when I got the computer. Could I have a virus/malware or something of that sort, or maybe it is the HDD.

No help?

No one wants to help me. Did I post this in the wrong section or did I come off rude or something?

Sorry for the delay, sometimes we get busy with other things. We are volunteers, we don't get paid you know... What is your operating system? The mouse lag usually indicates a very busy CPU. Was the crappy video on-board video or was it a card? If it was on-board video, you have to disable it in the bios not just delete it in the device manager. The video card should be fine. Where did you get the updated video driver from? You did a good thing by upgrading that 150 watt power supply. Have you run Windows Update to make sure you have applied all available Windows Updates?

Windows 7, it is a on-board video card. I have removed the video card and the 550w power supply, I am back to original hardware and it seems to continue to do it with minor games like Morrowind. So like you said the HIS 4670 is fine. When I had the 4670 in I got the drivers from the disk that came with it and I also tried the website. I also ran the windows update.

It sounds more like an audio "buzz"... try reinstalling the audio driver or try to upgrade the audio driver. It could be a hard drive issue too

Back