Upgrading RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boxy Brown

I have a question about upgrading my RAM. My computer uses DDR-SDRAM, does that mean I have to buy DDR-SDRAM, or could I buy DDR2. Also, is there anything else I need to know about upgrading it?

Thanks.

Boxy Brown said:
I have a question about upgrading my RAM. My computer uses DDR-SDRAM, does that mean I have to buy DDR-SDRAM, or could I buy DDR2. Also, is there anything else I need to know about upgrading it?

Thanks.

DDR-Dual Double Rate

You need to know the specifications of the sticks are such as is a PC4300 or 2700.

You need to know which one your mother board excepts. How much RAM can you have.

Pull out one of the RAM sticks and there should be a sticker on the stick telling you the specifications are

or you can download aida32(google it ) and run it and it will tell you what you have in your pc

DDR actually stands for Double Data Rate!!!!

As Smore9646 says its important to find out both what your mobo supports and what speed ram you already have!!! You can find out by looking in your mobo manual and also by going to www.crucial.com and looking up your mobo there. Don't buy your ram from crucial, they are expensive but their database is pretty damn good!!!!!

Alright I found out it uses DDR PC 3200. Thanks rik I went to crucial and found it in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back