Uptime records

Mictlantecuhtli

I'm not talking about some servers in the corner that aren't touched, I mean your desktops.
Mine isn't really big yet but I'm working on it..
uptime.png

My record for my desktop box that I use is 15 days. That is of constant use and I must say for XP that is a long *** time. I play around a bit with my Linux box, but not all the time, and it has been on for over a month.

Here's Penguin - Deus and I use this machine for a Dedicated UT2K3 gameserver.

PenguinUptime.JPG

LNCPapa

My longest uptime was 43 days. I just wanted to see how long I could run under XP before "needing" to reboot. I finally had to reboot because I updated some drivers, so I still don't know how long I could have gone. I normally reboot once a week or maybe a little longer so I don't think it such a great feat. It is however an eternity if you compare it to my 98 record of two days.

I believe mine is around a week, and that's when I was gone, and left the machine on to crunch SETI and download a movie I believe. That's with ME.

one trick for windows 9x/me is to reboot at least once a week lol :dead:

for me; it was several months ago - 32 days total uptime and connection time, but i had to shut down to add in some ic's. (Win2K Pro)

2 days (Win98)
9 days (Win98 SE)
26 days (WinXP Pro)

2 days and 20 hours on my Win2K Laptop. Although I might of cheated since I do use the Hibernate option to shut down ;)

ss1.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
I'm not talking about some servers in the corner that aren't touched, I mean your desktops.

You should put UD on that server LNCPapa, look at it's load average ;)

I bet there are some internet servers that have been up for years.

Yes Veh, I have seen some servers that have been up for 730 something days. It was nuts, and that was about a year ago, I am sure they are still running strong.

uptime.jpg

I'm leaving for Denver on Saturday morning, will get back Thursday sometime. I plan on leaving it up while I'm gone so my roommate can still access the internet - and so I can get a longer uptime :)
Should be on 16 days when I get back.

My record with MiniMe, which was formerly a machine I used to run eggdrop and bnetD as well as IRC and ICQ, running Win98SE, lasted 11 weeks, 4 days (81 days) before the power went out...

None of my XP machines have passed 2 months, though all of them have exceeded 6 weeks at one point. I usually find a reason to restart, or do something stupid like trip the power breaker.

My server, sad to say, although it used to be rock solid (Its uptime was approaching 200 days), now goes down more then your cash flow goes down on the vegas strip. Everything autorestarts of course, but it currently lasts about 3 days between crashes.

Currently my win98 box is beating the crap out of all my other boxes, regardless of OS.. and is approaching a third month. XP keeps giving me bluescreens while playing games using Glide (I have a voodoo 5 in that box), but I blame it on video card drivers.

Wow that is pretty impressive there Soul. I wish I could keep from installing new programs and drivers, etc. to stay up that long. Otherwise I usually restart about once a week or so.

uptime.jpg

My main machine, I sleep in the same room as it. After I got DSL, I found an excuse to make it so quiet that I could. Both my machines will be up 24/7 now.

That's running XP Pro too, BTW...

Uptime

I worked a consulting job at Smith Barney in 2000...we were upgrading some of their servers....and they had a few NT4 servers that hadn't been rebooted in close to 2 years. They were actually worried that some of them might not come back up...pretty funny stuff...

Well, the Techspot server had around 260 days of uptime... Now it's been a bit erratic due to upgrades and reconfigurations though...
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.techspot.com

I have a Windows 2000 server in school that has 180 days uptime, it is not on a UPS :eek:

My teachers has told me of a Novell 3.11 server that had 5 years of uptime... Same thing there; when it is shutdown it will most probably not come online again because the harddrives motors will be worn out... They wont be able to take the stress of spinning up...

Yea, my firewall had 60 days uptime also, an AST P133mhz ;-)

Had to turn it off because I was heading for a LAN party in Sweden www.Birdie.org last week and wanted the UPS it and my computer was connected to with me (and I actually made use of it because our row had the fuse blow once ;-)

I will not be setting any personal best uptime records soon. When I set up ICS again (same install of windows and everything) with a 2nd computer I acquired. (my original ICS was with my roommate, but he's graduated, then I had no ICS for a while).
For some reason outlook refuses to check my umr.edu email address, it gives me an error, I don't have the error now offhand but I will if I create a thread on it. In any case a restart fixes it. But the thing is it occurs about once a day, so yeh I run out of uptime after about a day.

My current best uptime (as far as i can rememer) is 7 days, 6 hours and still going on this machine. Im impressed simply because i have been playing games on it for hours on end, buggering around with IE and Firefox and messing with other vitally important services and it has not yet crashed nor have I experianced slow down in games and everything still works. This is under Win2k.
Current uptime:

The only problem i seem to be having i that im getting disconnected from UT2004 servers before the game loads EVERY TIME.....but i think this might be a router problem and nothing to do with the PC

Unfortunatly i have to sleep in the same room as this machine and the fans make a racket, even after being slowed down. This isnt helped by the fact the side fan has nackered bearings after a fly got caught in the air current and sucked through the fan - made a hell of a mess......

Steg

EDIT - Record was 10 day and 7 hours before Windows got so bloated it was almost unusable - even with all the non-essentail services closed it was using over 120meg, whereas normally that is 80 or so. HDD latency also went through the roof - i think it is LineageII that caused that - oh well - time to try for another personal best.

Originally posted by Steg
This isnt helped by the fact the side fan has nackered bearings after a fly got caught in the air current and sucked through the fan - made a hell of a mess......
LOL, that's what air filters are for ;)

I'm at a bit over 12 days now. Unfortunately I dual-boot between Linux and BeOS, can't decide where to stay :p

I had a power outage about a week after I took that screenshot. Made my record about an hour short of 3 weeks. I took the oppurtunity to put some more RAM into my machine, though.

20 days and 23 hours :D

I was getting up there on my 2nd machine, but then last night we had a hail and lightning storm and the power went out. :(

Back