Urban Myths Exposed (Browsers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Dazzer, but that page is full of rubbish. I'm not saying that as an ardant firefox supporter or anything, but merely as the facts are. The writer of the page clearly has some kind of grudge against firefox for some bizzare reason, and could be described as an MS "fanboy". The page exposes to myths, and infact creates a few of it's own, along with a great many out of context and reworded quotes, and a number of near lies.

Please see the quite thorough debunking of the entire page, reducing it to what it really is, by our very own TS|Thomas here... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44405.html

Thing is I can relate to some of the views on that page I use all the Browsers at the mo and dare I say it IE comes out top for me (even tho its tweaked) but I also do take on board that some of the stuff on that page is BS but still does make interesting reading, that page and TS's link that im reading now.

No mention of AOL tho... lol

It's just a rant about some guy who clearly doesn't seem to like the amount of publicity Firefox receives, compared to IE and Opera. And Firefox is much faster than IE as claimed to the contrary by the site. I've seen the difference myself. Only reason Firefox has become this popular instead of Opera is because of the fact that Firefox was always ad-free, but Opera's free version included ads(now removed). Also, Firefox makes the change from IE easier, since it includes many features present in IE, such as the Ctrl-Enter function, which automatically makes the www. and .com extensions appear at the end of any word typed in the address bar. This is not present in Opera as far as I know.

I have been using firefox since back when it was called phoenix, then firebird, and now firefox. the main reasons for firefox's popularity is 1. tabbed browsing 2. It's easy to customize interface with readily available themes and extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back