Urgent Startup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

weslstan

Hello,

So last night i tried to partition my 250gb hard drive into a seperate 50gb partition, it went through the process but was taking ages and then realised i didnt really need to partition it so i cancelled it.

It then loaded up windows, all my files were there and everything was in order. So i shut down my pc and then a couple of hours later turn it back on..

Now im getting a message along the lines of "windows xp failed to start sucessfully" and gives me an option to start windows normally, start with last working version or go into safe mode. now none of thse options work and all it does is eventually return back to the same screen.

Now when i go to go into safe mode although not working i can see it is look for the /system files but its looking in a directory called "partition/system..."

SO the only conclusion i can come to is that windows is now trying to load from the wrong partition when it should be loading from the c: drive.

please someone help me with this.

Just found out that when trying to load in safe im getting this message when loading the system files "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1).."

I can only assume its left remaining files from the cancelled partition on there but I dont know why its decided to load from this partition and not as normal, is there anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back