USB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xythoces

Hi... I have a Belkin Wireless USB network adapter. Well, every so often (seemingly at random) The Computer will act like it had been unplugged (even though it hasn't). Then an install new hardware window opens up. Usually If I unplug it and replug it, it'll come back up as normal.

I'm thinking that this is a driver problem, as I've had a horrible time with the software for the adapter( I've had to un-install and re-install drivers of different versions several times)

Also, something that may be of interest; If I open the hardware menu from the system manager, it somewhat prevents it from happening.

BTW... It's done it twice... three times... just while I wrote this.

Hi

USB, Ive said it before and i'll say it again, its shi*e, go buy a PCI card or if its a laptop, get a PCMCIA card and say goodbye to the USB blues.

AOL dropped the USB Modem idea and so did NTL when they realised just how much trouble they were.

Regards

XYTHOCES!!

suggestion use the ethernet dude rather than the USB... when it comes to USB adapters you still have to install the drivers so that it can be fully functional with out the drivers it would be no use....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back