Use of BBcodes

D

DelJo63

Working in the group The Linux Bar & Grill, I just discovered that the BBcodes are missing (specifically [ indent ] ). More generally, the Reply tools are very sparse and abbreviated to just B I and U.

I think this is a minor tweek to the configuration to allow BBcodes everywhere, or at least in addition to the Groups.

TIA

I'm not completely sure what you were suggesting we do, but as a side note we are no longer developing into vBulletin any new changes. With the Product Finder project launched, our next big endeavor will be upgrading our community software to XenForo :).

I recall settings that allow BBcodes to be applied to selective forums, et al and was commenting that might be an easy fix.

the net is: Can we have BBcodes in the Groups, eg The Linux Bar & Grill?

Gotcha.

We removed support for bbcode (bold, italic text, font size, etc.) a long time ago because it was constantly being abused, not just by newcomers but even regulars who seemed to enjoy coloring fonts and doing crazy stuff in the simplest of posts.

For that reason we decided against anything other than plain text and that's kept the forum cleaner to maintain and easier to read to everyone, admittedly at the cost of looking somewhat bland.

As far as I can tell vBulletin allows bbcode permissions to be applied at the usergroup level only, and not separately for the forum and other areas of the community. So for now I'm afraid the request is a no go, and we'll only reevaluate these when we move to the new forum software sometime in the coming months (wish us luck transitioning from 5+ years of vb legacy code) :).

I can easily appreciate that issue. But may I suggest that
Bold, Underline, Italics, List, and Indent be reconsidered - - they enhance readability significantly.

So for now I'm afraid the request is a no go, and we'll only reevaluate these when we move to the new forum software sometime in the coming months (wish us luck transitioning from 5+ years of vb legacy code) :).

You wish
It's more like 10 years ;)

Back