Using two routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I currently have an old BEFW11S4 V2 router in which my computer is wired to. Well, I've been having problems with that router such as not being able to log in to the router settings page and change certain things (I have to reset about twenty times before the router defaults to the factory settings). Because of that problem, where I am living there is always someone who constantly resets the router, overriding all my settings so my wireless devices such as my laptop won't work. Since it takes so much time just to get the settings back and replacing it wont help since I cannot prevent people from messing with the router, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to leave that router wired to my desktop, and still get a second router connected to my computer alone for wireless access?

Thanks!

silvreagle said:
Hi,
I currently have an old BEFW11S4 V2 router in which my computer is wired to. Well, I've been having problems with that router such as not being able to log in to the router settings page and change certain things (I have to reset about twenty times before the router defaults to the factory settings). Because of that problem, where I am living there is always someone who constantly resets the router, overriding all my settings so my wireless devices such as my laptop won't work. Since it takes so much time just to get the settings back and replacing it wont help since I cannot prevent people from messing with the router, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to leave that router wired to my desktop, and still get a second router connected to my computer alone for wireless access?

Thanks!

Forget the router, two old I had one of those then it had died. Got V3 and it's like brand new still, why because it not a good router. Gone with Dlink one instead. You can reset until the world comes to the end, you update the firmware but these routers are only good for 2 years and then fail. Best bet is to buy another router.

You can use wired router with a wireless router (this would be an access point) so you still keep your wired network and plus have wireless, like a dual network environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back