Using XP CD on more than one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatastrophE

Hey guys,
Got a small Question.
Once the XP CD is used on a PC can it be used on another PC?
I'm asking this because i'm thinking of investing in a PC with some nice components and other stuff, but without an OS. :)

M.

You can use the same CD to install and activate Windows on any number of computers as long as you have licenses for all of them :)

He has nothing to be ashamed of as he is not installing it on more than one machine....

He was asking if it was legal which is the proper approach.

patio. :cool:

blue_dragon said:
its ilegal and u shoulkd be ashamed of yuorself
u r down right stealing at least 150 usd from microsoft

Ok, let's get a few things straight.
I havent actually DONE it, I was infact doing research on if it was allowed or not, since I was thinking of getting a PC that didnt contain an OS.
Please do not accuse me of stealing, especially when I have made no indication of doing anything against the law, your direct accusation cant really be taken very seriously anyway, what with your attrocious spelling.
as for everyone else, thank's a lot for clearing this up for me :)

M.

Catatrosphe...

Is this a newer machine than you are currently using ? ?

If so you could transfer the OS to that machine, call MS and explain you have upgraded your MBoard and provide them with your original info and they will give you a new activation.

You could then use the older machine to experiment and learn the ever-growing world of Linux many flavors of which are free.

Just an idea.

patio. :cool:

Well I think I may have changed my mind on what I was originally going to buy, I may look for something custom built that I can add specific things to ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back