UT2004 InstaGib (How To)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you wanna start an iGib server, simply fire up the game, then in the console type;

set XGame.XPawn requiredequipment Xweapons.SuperShockRifle

(for normal iGib)

or

set XGame.XPawn requiredequipment Xweapons.ZoomSuperShockRifle

(for Zoom iGib)

then launch an instant action game or host a new game, you now spawn with the iGib rifle, and anyone who joins the server will also have the iGib rifle and wont have to enter anything in the console to get it.

Beware tho, the normal weapons are still in the map along with powerups and stuff, and im not sure how you get rid of them, but it doesnt make much difference coz why would you choose to use a Rocket Launcher when youve got an iGib rifle?

Another thing is, if you play an Onslaught game with iGib, the iGib rifles dont do that much damage to vehicles (i was expecting vehicles to blow up instantly with one hit) i dunno if this is a good or a bad thing, but it seems the Cores also take a lot of hits form the iGib rifle before they blow.

You'll also notice that some of the vehicles (The Raptor and The Hellbender) have different coloured weapons, the raptor now fires red bullets and the 2nd gun on the hellbender is also slightly red, dont know if they are also iGib, but it would be pretty cool if in the proper game when it gets released there is an iGib Vehicle mod.

Thats about it really, ive also heard that there is a "Full Graphics" mod for the demo which allows you to put the texture detail passed its "Normal" limit right upto "Ultra High" but it doesnt make any difference because they didnt include the Ultra High detail textures in the demo to reduce its size, so i dunno how that works.

You can also change Graphic settings by typing "Preferences" in the console.

Happy Fragging :grinthumb

If there is ever a time when I can actually purchase an iGib rifle...it will be a happy day...

Heres a Screenshot, showing the iGib rifle ingame, just so you know im not lying ;)

insta1.jpg

I'm kinda a noob..how do you get a console?

well, on my UK format keyboard its my "@" key, its different on a US keyboard, but the location is the same, its the key to the right of your ":" key or to the left of you "~" key.

Ive always been one for overcomplicating things :p

Someone please coordinate a TS game of this! I want to shoot you all but it will have to be a server that can provide sufficient connection speeds/latency for a majority of us. If someone can/wants/does this please post the server info and date/time here!

yer, i agree, somebody with a decent server start the OFFICIAL TS UT2004 iGib CTF server!! :grinthumb

And i can own you all :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back