Various bluescreens: 0x00000024, 0x0000008E and 0x00000050

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has been having problems with her computer for over a year, it'll keep bluescreening. Sometimes it can take weeks without a BSOD, but when it happens it can happen many times a day and the computer may refuse to start at all after it (just shows a black screen). The bluescreen can happen at any time, even while doing very minor tasks which aren't system demanding at all. Graphics card was replaced late last year so that's probably not the cause. Fans are all working as they should. She's tried reinstalling Windows and reformatting the harddrive too.

There's at least 3 types of BSODs the computer is getting:
STOP: 0x0000008E
STOP: 0x00000050 (also showed page_fault_in_nonpaged_area)
STOP: 0x00000024 (also said ntfs.sys - address B7D9E94F base at B7D7B000, datestamp 48025be5)

I've attached one of the minidumps from one of the crashes.

Any idea what's wrong? Is it RAM related?

Attachments

• Mini062010-02.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 1
It would be prudent if you post more minidumps. However, the one you posted points at memory corruption. My suggestion is to run memtest for minimum of 8 passes, if it finds errors, run it again on each RAM module individually. Regards

Thanks for helping!

Here's some other minidump files.

Attachments

• Mini062610-01.dmp
  • Mini062610-02.dmp
  • Mini062610-03.dmp
Alright, thanks will look into these asap, in the meanwhile please follow the suggestions in previous post/reply.

One of the dumps pointed at Pool Corruption, which generally means there are hardware issues or driver issue. However, as one of your earlier dumps specifically cited 'memory corruption' as issue, my recommendation is same, i.e. please run memtest as suggested above and come back with the findings. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back