Verbatim 128 usb-stick only shows 27Mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm helping out a friend who bought a usb stick for his son. They followed the instructions how to start using it, but somehow managed to end with a flash memory of 27 Mb instead of 128Mb

If tried various ways to restore the 128Mb incl. Computer managent, formatting, mediarecover, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, X-format and Verbatim support, but none of these were able to sort it.

If you had similar experiences or others suggestions please let us know.
thank you
efromv

Os 98

thanks for your reply black stuff, I will dig out one of my old computers and give it a go. Will let you know what happened.
greets
efromv

I had a Verbatim USB Flash drive a while ago... it might be you set it up previously into two partitions, one of them as a hidden partition that requires a password, Verbatim own utility gives you the option to do that. Just a thought.

password

I had the same thought first, but the password my friend told me he used to set up the stick doesn't work. That's why I'm trying to get around this, i should have mentioned that too.

But it's still kind of strange that even when it has a password for the other section that you can't see it. Within comp management it still only shows 27 Mb.

If there was a password protected partition would that not show on disk management ?

Thank you for all your help, i find this forum very helpfull !!!! :angel:
I'll keep you posted.

found solution !!!

we finally found a solution , I checked the verbatim website again and then it hit me , why not try verbatim USA and yes , they listed a different software.

I loaded it and when trying the password on that software it worked, and was able to format the hidden section... :grinthumb

So, on the "store and go" software that came with the stick we couldn't use the password after install :confused: and with the one from the US website it worked , beats me !

Thanks to all of you who helped me out, it really helps when you are trying and you are getting no-where.

greetings
elie

I am facing a similar problem - I have a Verbatim 8 Gb showing only 3 Mb. I accesed the Verbatim NorthAmerica Website but I'm not able to find out how can I get the software you dercribe. How can I get it? Can you send it? Please help! Thanks in advance!

Verbatim secure partion

Hi

The application you are looking for is called V-safe. I'm not allowed to post links. In your address bar type verbatim.com/support/downloads.cfm. Just add www in front.
This is only for Vista, but it might give you hints to V-safe for XP.

Captainhook

Using the V-safe application you will have to create a new partition (make sure you backup the current data first). Drag the bar on the right hand side all the way to the top so the memory stick displays grey all the way to the top, thus eliminating the "private zone" thing.

You will now have a "normal" flash disk accessible to all pc's.

Joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back