Vhoto: A new iPhone app that scans your videos to extract amazing still photos

Himanshu Arora

TS Addict
Ever thought there may be some awesome photos hidden in all of the those videos you've shot on your mobile phone over the past few years? Well, that's exactly what a new startup is betting on with the Vhoto app for iOS.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/56618-vhoto-a-new-iphone-app-that-scans-your-videos-to-extract-amazing-still-photos.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

MilwaukeeMike

TS Evangelist
“Everyone has had trouble hitting the button at the right moment to get the perfect shot. And everyone is forced to choose between photo and video every time we want to capture an amazing moment."
Everyone who has an iPhone you mean. Plenty of Android phones have a capture button that you can click to grab a photo while the video is recording OR playing.

The app is free to download, and it doesn't offer ads or in-app purchases. It’s optimized for the iPhone 5 and runs on iOS 7.
But not available for Android because that would be redundant.

Skidmarksdeluxe

TS Evangelist
Everyone who has an iPhone you mean. Plenty of Android phones have a capture button that you can click to grab a photo while the video is recording OR playing.
They do? I wasn't aware of it. I've never used my phone to record videos (no, not even to test it when I first got it) but I'll be sure to check it out. If it does I may start using it, if it doesn't I couldn't care less. It's a Galaxy S4 mini BTW. Thanks for the heads up.