VIA sues Apple for patent infringement

Jos

In the latest round of patent lawsuits, Taiwanese chipmaker VIA announced on Wednesday that it has taken legal action against Apple, filling a complaint with the US International Trade Commission…

Read the whole story

G

Does Apple still run a pirate flag at it's headquarters. Or was that just a 80's thing when they openly stole other peoples tech.

G

Nope!!! its Chuck Testa but...Yes its the same thing with corporation power

SammyJames

Guest said:
Does Apple still run a pirate flag at it's headquarters. Or was that just a 80's thing when they openly stole other peoples tech.
I have no idea what you are referring to specifically. Perhaps you are discussing Xerox-PARC and Apple's "acquisition" of GUI mouse/pointer technology. Maybe you are, instead, talking about their brush with Microsoft over Windows. At any rate, Apple doesn't get my business -- but it has little to do with who steals what.

It has everything to do with the one thing that they steal from me -- my hard-earned money. When Apple decides to start charging reasonable prices for the their products, I may consider buying Apple. Until then, I'm going to save my cash by investing in parts from NewEgg, TigerDirect, and MicroCenter.

MrAnderson

It gets more interesting.

As for the pricing for Apple products... I feel they are expensive, but it it serves customers that are less technical. You get a lot of service when you buy their products. That is the one thing I will admit to. Although I like to get the best bang for my buck. The experience is important, but options are more important to me as a customer. To me PCs represent choice, and Apple seeks to take that away frome me... I like to tinker and modify... so that is why they will not be my primary platform. If I had money to throw around I would get a Apple PC just becuase I like technology. But that is not the case.

ET3D

I think that's just VIA's way to say "BUY ME, PLEASE". I said in the past that Via would be a good choice for Apple to buy. Its value had gone down a little since HTC bought S3 Graphics (which was owned by VIA), but it still has, as it says, thousands of patents relevant to both CPU's and other techs.