Video card compatability for COD 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

panjpainting

I received call of duty 4 for xmas and am unable to play it. I have been reading numerous posts on how to be able to play it and have tried some things also.

I did install 3D analyze (to max out pixels, etc) and when I tried to play the game I received the error : Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data

Here is the information on my video card: Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

I also know I have a PCI slot for another video card.

If I do need to buy a new video card where do I go to get one at a reasonable price? If not what do I need to do to play the game?

Thank you for any and all help!!

Need a better video card, your current one doesn't cut the mustard.Many video card choices out there for all budgets, in terms of $$cost what is your insult level?.

Nothing that is going to break the bank. Would I be able to get one that will work with Call of Duty 4 (box says it requires geforce 660 or better OR radeon 9800pro or better) for under $75

Here is my next situation....where do I get one and which one is the right one?

Use CPU-Z to double-check whether or not you have an AGP slot. Download and run CPU-Z (from here) and click the Mainboard tab. It should show you AGP under the "Graphic Interface" option if you have an AGP slot. Anything else means you have only PCI slots.

If you have AGP, you can get this card to run the game quite well on Medium-High detail settings, depending on what resolution you play it at.

If you have only PCI slots, I recommend this card. You should be able to play the game smoothly on Low-Medium settings, again depending on what resolution you choose to play at.

okay where do I look once I have ran CPU-Z to find out which slot I have?

Never mind....under the mainboard there ia only a motherboard section and a BIOS section and no where do i see graphic interface. I am assuming that means that I only have PCI slots.

Thank you all for your assistance.

does it matter that we operate on Windows XP and NOT vista? I noticed the card link you gave for PCI was for a vista system.

it is a PCI slot ....not the express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back