Video Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaNaKa52

I just recently upgraded from a Radeon 9250 to a Radeon X1300(Both PCI) and have quite a few problems. I consulted with various workers at a local PC store and they told me the same problem.

My first problem was that i had ALOT of visual lines going up and down my screen in various directions. I found that my refresh rate was the problem and i just had to update from 60hz to 85hz on my moniter properties and

Now, for my main problem-

My frame rates have seemed to drop and i have much worse gameplay than my old card even though the X1300 is much stronger. Ive made sure i have all updated drivers and and catalyst hardware but to no improvement. On a twist to that, while playing Aces High, theres writing at the top of the screen that shows your frames and your system specs. It shows that my video card has 500mb of RAM rather than 256mb.
ScreenHunter_1.jpg

It shows that the used video memory is only 20-40mb and it wont go higher than that. Therefore, i think that my video card is somehow capped and cant run at full capability. Either that, or im just being a total noob.

Cpuz Info(.txt):
http://rapidshare.com/files/10268720/cpuz.txt.html

DxDiag(.txt):
http://rapidshare.com/files/10268243/DxDiag.txt.html

So any body have any ideas?

the rapidshare.com is not working. I think they are trying to get more people to pay for it (rapidshare)

Check out step 3 of my guide entitled "Cfitzarl's Guide to Video Card Upgrades" and look at step 3 to find out your power supply information and post it back here. By the way, welcome to Techspot :wave: !

Back of comp says 200-240v A3.0

Honestly dont know where to check comp power

EDIT:To download those jsut scrol ldown the page and click "free" then the it'll goto a new page and start DownLoad.

Your power supply is located on the upper-right hand side of the case. Look for Max Output: --- along with +12:--A.

Have you install the latest catalyst driver?
Latest is 6.12 (but im not sure it compatible with yours)

That's not checking PSU, the correct way to check is opening your case and see the sticker. In that sticker you need to see how many Amps on the +12V rail and how many Watts supplied. If you can't just take pics on it. I give an example of mine below. (400W and 34A)

U must wait in order to get other TSmasters to help you....

Welcome to techspot:)

Attachments

• AcBel 400W.jpg
    AcBel 400W.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Doesnt really look liek the diagram you posted
Will try to get a pic tomorrow but for now the sticker reads:

Output +12V = / 14A -12V / 0.8V
250W MAX +5 = / 25A +5VSB = / 2A peak 2.5A

prolly doesnt help much but wil ltry to get a pick of it tomorrow

Thats not a upgrade,, more like a downgrade lol,, these budget cards are meant to run windows in 2D ,, for games these things are slow motion ,, like a vcr,,

Well in that case, i already sold my older card but i do have a 128mb Radeon 7500 still. What do you guys think would be better, this X13 or the 7500?

For the low end the X1300 should be one of the fastest.
For a test: uninstall from device manager, upgrade hardware changes and allow Windows to install the driver.
It might be a power problem but, before that you might want to think about swapping this card with a new card [it might be defective].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back