Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grr_San_jose_Ca

Hello well ive installed geforce 6600 into one of my computers and it works great but i dont know if this is normal i get 56 (c) on the gpu core tempature when i run a game is this normal??? or should i try and get another heatsink for it reply back. :)

56 under intense gaming for a 6600 graphics card is usual. You could install a new heatsink but that is usually a mess unless you know what you are doing. Temps usually drop by 5-15 degrees depending on the aftermarket cooler used and the precision with which the installation was done under.

56C is normal for a GeForce 6600 under gaming conditions. If you wish to make it run under cooler conditions, then you could upgrade its heatsink and fan to an arctic cooler nv silencer 6 (rev. 2). It could potentially keep your card 20C cooler than normal under load conditions. It also keeps the rest of your system cooler since it exhausts the air that it uses to cool the GPU.

Note: the NV Silencer is only for the PCIe version of the 6600, if you have the AGP version then this won't fit your card. I don't know any other good GPU coolers tho (other than water cooling), sorry.

Just in case you decide to get this, here's a nice guide to help you install this baby.
http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/nvsilencer6/index.php?file=3

Thank you ive been looking for a heatsink/fan I can not find anything on newegg or i havent serched well enough.... can someone post a link where i can buy a heatsink for my geforce 6600 agp will be thank full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back