Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golferman443

Alright, right now I have the BFG Geforce 5500 pci video card in my comp. Is there any other pci video card out there that is better than this card? I really would like to know because I cant run F.E.A.R on my comp. I have been looking at a Geforce 6200 pci video card, but I dont know if that is any better.

a 6200 is better, but it's still PCI. you may be able to play it on a 6200 but only at low settings.

to be able to play newer games like FEAR at any decent quality level you will need a video card that is better than anything available to PCI. this will obviously involve replacing the motherboard at the very least.

The pci 6200 should be better, it's core clock is faster by ~100mhz. I have one, so if you want to compare scores between the pci 5500 and the pci 6200 we could. I ran 3dmark05 and aquamark3 on two computers with the card.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

What are your system specs? If they're close to the system I ran this on, then we could compare scores.

If you´re stuck with PCI, without a single doubt, the 6200 is the best choice. But you're stuck with the low PCI bandwith, and if you have many PCI expansion cards, it will get worse.

yep - the highest card you can get for AGP is a 7800 GS. (They're not making any faster cards as the new ones use PCI-E technology.)

I just bought an EVGA 7800 GS off of ebay. Works great.

Tedster said:
yep - the highest card you can get for AGP is a 7800 GS. (They're not making any faster cards as the new ones use PCI-E technology.)

I just bought an EVGA 7800 GS off of ebay. Works great.

For AGP? I think he's talking about PCI cards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back