Video/Graphic Card Not Detected. Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I am using an acer computer.. Dont really know the specs, I am not really good with computers.
Anyways, I recently reformatted my computer, and Mostly everything is un-recognizable. Including my graphics/video card. My scrolling and Dragging is really slow, I have read alot of forum threads about the same problem, and it just doesnt work for me..

Can anyone help me?
By the way, Before the reformatting, the computer Worked just fine.
Please Reply.
- Thanks

I dont know where this CD is, I had this computer for too long. This is the only time this is doing this to me, I reformatted this computer other times, and I didnt havr to go through this...

Oh, and by the way, I found out my anonymous Video Card:
VT82C570 MV IDE Controller VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter
Yup. Thats what I got from PC Wizard

Visit the Acer website or visit this link http://global.acer.com/support/download. Then find your computers model on there and download the need drivers, i.e. the video card drivers. You may need your sound card driver, Ethernet driver and there is others you may need as well depending on what peripherals your Acer has. I would save them to a separate storage device(CDs, thumb drives, etc).

If you have difficulty knowing what is what, download and install the free Belarc Advisor from www.Belarc.com This will give you a report of what hardware and softrware is installed on your computers... thus giving you some clues as to which are the most correct drivers to download and install... Then when you download, look at the install instructions very carefull. You may need to know where the install program places the drivers... so you can go to that location while in the Device manager to install the correct ones.
You can also tell a lot by looking for the Red and Yellow flags in the Device Manager... those flags usually tell you which devices are not correctly installed.

Thanks everyone who told me to go to the acer website, I have succesfully got all my drivers that I needed.

Case closed
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back