VideoLan settings

May I ask why you are wanting this?

I imagine the screen savers are turned off during video play so they don't interrupt your viewing the video. However once the video is finished the screen savers should be active once again.

Clock.JPG
Because I have this clock screensaver that normally starts after 30 minutes of idle time. It don't when I play certain videos.
It does come on when I'm playing regular tunes with videolan. It's not urgent, I'm just wondering, thank you.

Clarification. I have no clock/time piece in my home so I rely on my computer to know what time it is. Tonight I'll try the default clock to see if it starts, thanks.

Is there a setting in http://www.videolan.org/index.html
I can use so it won't turn my screensaver(s) off? If so, where? I've been thru the settings & don't find anything. TIA
if you want your screensavers to be always on, try not to use vlc or any other mediaplayers in full screen mode, because these mediaplayers may automatically turn off your screen saver.
use the maximize screen button instead.

for vlc manual set:
click tools, then preferences, then video, then uncheck full screen.

for media player classic (if you have k-lite pack):
click view, then options, then under playback/full screen, uncheck full screen, then under player, check remember last window size.
you can now then maximize your mediaplayer view (not full screen) and still have your screen saver.

Ok, when I play tunes in WMP full screen, the screensaver still plays. Its just playing videos in VLC that no screensaver works. I have MPC but haven't tried it with videos yet. I will check out the VLC Manual set you mentioned, thanks.

Back