Viral videos, images used to raise awareness for organ donation

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Trying to come up with a marketing campaign for a topic as sensitive as organ donation would no doubt be a tough task. A Belgium-based ad agency by the name of Duval-Guillaume has come up with a light-hearted campaign for Re-born To Be Alive, an organization that raises awareness for organ donation.

They've taken viral videos and images of people doing ridiculously dangerous stuff – like using an extension cord in a swimming pool – and branded it in a way that reminds people that up to eight organs can be donated per person.

viral found viral videos organ donoation

It's a touchy subject but they've done a nice job of bringing some humor to it.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

That chainsaw video made me cringe!

I kept saying to myself "it's youtube don't worry they wont show it getting snagged and flying into his fat stomach with guts and stuff all over the place"

Would have been much more effective if it had been one of our less favorite politicians! Of course, then everyone would be rooting for the chainsaw! LOL

.......so, I'm still trying to figure out why their ads need to be funny. Are we so stupefied in 'merica now that we won't listen to a message unless it makes us laugh out loud?

Back